The CDDA Scheme allows Commonwealth Government agencies (including the ATO) to pay discretionary compensation when a person or an organisation has suffered detriment as a result of defective administration, but when there is no legal requirement to make a payment.
The Government has commissioned the review to consider the operation by the ATO of the CDDA Scheme in relation to small business. Assistant Treasurer Stuart Robert has said the review will consider:
• the consistency of the ATO’s CDDA Scheme processes for small businesses;
• the timeliness of decisions;
• how effectively findings are communicated to small business;
• how independent decision-making can be best achieved in future; and
• the adequacy of compensation for small businesses that have suffered an economic and/or personal loss as a consequence of the ATO’s actions.
If you would like to know more please contact one of our accountants on 07 4639 1099 or come in and see us at 14 Russell Street Toowoomba.